Acceptable Use PolicyUse of our web hosting services is governed by this Acceptable Use Policy, which forms part of all product and service agreements.
The Dramatic Design servers may be used only for lawful purposes. Users may not use the server nor any part of the WebFarm/ICONZ Network in order to transmit, distribute or store material
- (a) in violation of any applicable law,
- (b) in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others or the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others, or
- (c) that is obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful.
Note: Pornography and sex-related merchandising are prohibited on all servers. This is also true for sites that promote any illegal activity or content that may be damaging to our servers or any other server on the Internet. Links to such materials are also prohibited.
In addition any site selling or promoting Bulk email services is not allowed.
Examples of non-acceptable content or links:
- Pirated software
- Hackers programs or archives
- Warez Sites
- Irc Bots
- Media Files, e.g. MP3, MPEG, wav, ogg, quicktime. (Exemption: Files for which you own the copyright, or have express permission of the copyright owner, or are in the public domain, or which have been obtained under a copyleft license such as Creative Commons or GFDL.
Any attempts to undermine or cause harm to a server is strictly prohibited.
Customers are free to use any CGI-Scripts provided with their account or add any additional ones they require.
Any CGI-Scripts deemed to be adversely affecting the Server performance or the Network integrity may be shut down without prior notice. For the purpose of this clause, "CGI script" includes any script which processes on the server regardless of scripting language.
CGI-Script sharing with Domains not hosted by Dramatic Design is not allowed.
Background Running Programs
Background Daemons in general are prohibited.
Commercial Advertising — Email:
Dramatic Design's servers may not be the source, intermediary, or destination address involved in the transmission of spam (unsolicited email), flames, or mail bombs. Your domain may not be referenced as originator, intermediary, or reply-to address in any of the above.
We consider spam any mass unsolicited message in the mediums of:
- Newsgroups (including usenet, google groups, yahoo groups)
- Instant Messaging (including but not limited to ICQ, MSN, AIM, Yahoo messenger, Skype, Jabber)
- any similar communication technologies which may emerge.
- "Comment spam": off-topic comments on web-logs or web forums which link to your website.
If you are found to have spammed, then we will immediately, without warning, suspend services on your domain. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel service to known spammers.
You are permitted to operate bulk mailing lists so long as they use an opt-in process with a clear audit trail and so long as unsubscription requests are honoured promptly. The requirements of the New Zealand Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007 must be complied with at all times. (We can of course install such a system for you).
Lastly, we reserve the right to determine what violates this policy.
As such, any violation may result in immediate deactivation of services without refund.
This policy was last updated on April 10th 2008